Why We Pray
In the Gospels of Matthew and Luke we read of Jesus teaching His disciples how they should pray. The Lord’s Prayer is the example Jesus gave and one we still recite today. The steps provided in The Lord’s Prayer provide an outline for all prayer:
1. Address God’s rightful place as the Father.
2. Worship and praise God for who He is and all that He has done.
3. Acknowledge that it is God’s will and plans are in control and not our own.
4. Ask God for the things that we need.
5. Confess our sins and repent.
6. Request protection and help in overcoming sin and Satan’s attacks on us.
How May We Pray for You?